Another year another superbly organised London Marathon. A sunny day helped the capital come alive once again for what many describe as the greatest marathon in the world.
For some the day didn’t go as planned – The Flash (see pic) was the last runner to set off some 45 mins after everyone else as he’d got on the wrong bus to the event!
Mo Farah, also didn’t have the race he had hoped for coming in 8th place and not achieving his target of beating the 28 year old British record. He finished more than a minute down on Steve Jone’s 1985 record of 2:07:13. However he did post the second fastest marathon by a Brit so it’s not all doom and gloom.
The TIPS we have for the race are as follows – can you add to them?
- Go to a pasta party. This is a great chance to meet other runners and get the perfect preparation the night before
- Check the travel information over in London or traveling down on the morning you’ll need to rely on public transport to get to the start
- Wear your name on the front of your top! Having thousands of strangers shouting your name as you pound the pavements is the best motivation ever!
- If you run with music make sure you only use one earphone as the crowd atmosphere is fantastic
- Be aware of the final couple of miles before the Mall where the route doubles back on itself so you think you’re there but you’ve got a section to go
- Enjoy it! Getting a place in the London Marathon is tough enough, it’ll be an experience that stays with you forever!
Well done to all the 37,000 finishers especially TriReview’s very own runners below- Gary and Adam!