On 20 July, Challenge Roth will celebrate “30 Years of Triathlon in Roth” and race organisers say they’ve assembled the strongest field of pro athletes ever to race the iron-distance event. Take a look at the world-class field of racers:
- Luke McKenzie (AUS) (2nd in Hawaii)
- Pete Jacobs (AUS) (Hawaii winner in 2012)
- James Cunnama (SA) (4th in Hawaii)
- Eneko Llanos from the Basque country
- Dirk Bockel from Luxembourg (winner of last year’s Challenge Roth)
- German top athletes Timo Bracht and Nils Frommhold.
These pros will set off ahead of 5,500 age group athletes and watched by an anticipated 220,000 spectators.
Luke McKenzie, who has had a lot of press since his amazing year last year, has won as many as six long-distance competitions so far. He tweeted about racing Roth:
In the women’s race, current Hawaii winner Mirinda Carfrae wants to show the triathlon world that she can be former iron distance champ Chrissie Wellington’s legitimate successor. Mirinda Carfrae, nicknamed “Rinny”, will be up against three further top-ten Hawaii finishers: Yvonne Van Vlerken (4th in Hawaii), Caroline Steffen (5th) and Michelle Vesterby (8th).
Should be another classic event!
Are you racing Roth? Let us know and we’ll give you a shout out nearer the time!